As long as your baby’s health is concerned, mixed vegetable soups are the ultimate choice for you. Your kid may sort the vegetables out from his/her plate, but when it comes to the mixed vegetable soup, he/she hardly says no to you. Vegetables come with loaded vitamins and minerals and improve your baby’s health. Moreover, mixed vegetable soup is also satisfied your minds, because your baby gets essential minerals and vitamins from the vegetables that ensure their health. The best thing in mixed vegetable soup is you can add any vegetables, what you think you need to put your kid’s plate. But keep those vegetables away from your kids that have an allergic effect for your baby. The content deals with healthy mixed vegetable soups and its benefits for your babies and kids.
1. Mixed Vegetable Soup:
You can add your vegetables as per your choice. The ingredients, which are needed to make this soup are one finely chopped onion, 1 finely chopped carrot, 7-8 fresh beans finely chopped, 2-3 florets of broccoli finely chopped, you can add 3-4 button finely chopped mushrooms and avoid if your baby does not like it. The other ingredients include 1 tsp grated ginger, 2tsp of butter, salt, black pepper powder or jeera powder, 1tbsp milk, 1/2 glass water, veggies as per your choice.
How to make the soup:
Heat butter and a drop of oil on a pan and then add onions in it and cook it till onion gets light pink color. Then add the grated ginger and cook it until the raw smell is gone. After that, add finely chopped vegetables and cook it for the 2 minutes. Then put water into the mixture and leave it for boiling the vegetables. Next, add salt and black pepper powder as per the taste. Cook all on a low flame until all the vegetables cooked well. At the end, add milk in it and let it boil. Your delicious mixed vegetable soup is ready to serve.
2. Simple Mixed vegetable soup with four vegetables:
Vegetable soup is the way to give nutritional benefits to your baby and the best thing is that kids also like the vegetable soup. You can give the mixed vegetable soup your touch by adding nutrient loaded vegetables, but a simple recipe is given to you, which is easy to make. You can cook mixed vegetable soup if your kids feel hungry at evening time or mid-morning.
Ingredients of this recipe:
½ cup chopped cauliflower, ½ cup chopped bottle gourd (lauki), ½ cup peeled and chopped carrots, ¼ cup chopped tomatoes.
How to make the soup:
Put all the vegetables, including cauliflower, bottle ground, carrots and tomatoes in a pressure cooker and wait for the 2 whistles. Cool the soup and make it a smooth mixture. Strain the soup very well and cook it in lukewarm water. It is very easy to make and if you are in a hurry, but your baby is hungry it is the perfect dish for your baby.
Health benefits of the mixed vegetable soup for the baby and the toddler:
As a mixed vegetable soup comes with lots of vitamins and minerals, here nutritional values are given of some vegetables that help you to choose the right ones for your baby.
- Carrot: you can choose carrots as it is a rich source of vitamin E and beta-carotene.
- Broccoli: this vegetable comes with loaded of nutritional values, including vitamin C, folic Acid, iron, potassium.
- Cauliflower: it is a good option for your kid as it comes with Vitamin C and folate.
- Tomato: it is another option for you and you can add this vegetable in your kid’s soup as it contains vitamin C, dietary fiber, and folate.
- Cabbage: cabbage also has many nutritional values and it comes with lots of health benefits for your kid. This food contains vitamin C, A, Folate, and Calcium.
- Spinach: it is a rich source of iron that improves the process of carrying oxygen. Other than this, it has magnesium, potassium, vitamin E and C.
- Pea: pea loaded with vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, dietary fiber, vitamin E and potassium.
- Lettuce: lettuce is a rich source of water and it contains the beta-carotene and folate.
- Potato: you can get the health benefits of potassium, dietary fiber and vitamin C from the potato and it also supply niacin.
- Zucchini: the nutritional compounds it contains, including fiber, vitamin C and folate.
- Sweet potato: you can also include sweet potato as it comes with vitamin C and E and it also contains other nutritional compounds.