When your baby turns 9 months, you may be confused about her diet as your baby is growing. Generally, at this age babies are less interested in eating because they are enjoying learning new things like walking, speaking and others. So, it is also hard for a mother to maintain a schedule for her Indian baby’s diet. But, you have to look after that you baby gets the perfect nutrient as it is the age when your baby’s growth in the full swing. So, introduce something new always in your baby’s dish so that it does not seem boring to her and she also gets the nutrients that make her strong.
Healthy Diet Chart & Plan:
Each baby has her own way to adopt things and be it the meal or the lesson, a baby takes things as the way she wants, so that you may find while your baby taking 2 meals a day, other babies has three. There is no point of worry as it is about your child and do what your baby feels comfortable. You can start introducing solid food at this age as your baby needs protein and other nutrients. Though your baby food is not as same as yours, but that does not mean she cannot eat the same veggies and protein as yours. You need to cook your baby’s food softly without making it spicy. The 3 day meal that your baby can eat is:
- Breakfast: it is your baby’s first milk in a day so you can give the unsweetened meal, breast milk, oats prepared with milk and you can also give eggs.
- Lunch: prepare your baby’s lunch with colorful veggies, especially rich in iron. You can also give meat, pasta and sandwiches, but take care that the food should be cooked or smashed by the fork.
- Dinner: as your baby is 9 months old, you have plenty of options in foods. You can give rice or pasta to your baby. The baked potato is also a good option but make sure that the food is soft enough to eat.
Some foods for Indian baby:
Your baby needs protein at her 9 month as it helps in development. The egg yolk is the best option that contains protein in rich amount. If your baby has sufficient protein, then you no need to add so many veggies to her dishes.
You can make creative dishes with yogurt and cheese that in turn helps your baby in her growth. Dairy products are very helpful to make the bones strong; at this time, as your baby trying to put herself up, it is very necessary.
Veggies are the great source of various nutrients and that is why you need to make the veggies interesting to eat. You need to make it soft and can add cheese to make it healthier.
Mix the grains to make a new dish for baby that is tasty to eat. Pasta is the best option for you. You can also give bread and muffins to your baby.
At this age, you can give the raw ripe fruits, such as papaya. Use the combination of foods for your baby, not only in types, but also in color so that it can be attractive to your baby.
Some foods that should be avoided:
Though your baby loves tasting new flavor, but you have to give a great care in selection of foods and avoid those ones, which make harm to your baby’s health. Such foods include:
- Honey: it can contain bacterial that damages your baby’s teeth so it is better to keep it away from your baby’s diet.
- Some types of seafood: some sea foods contain mercury such as shark and swordfish that can affect your baby’s nervous system so avoid using such foods for your baby.
- Your baby needs high energy foods so low calorie and low fat foods are not for your baby.
- Salt: you should limit the salt intake to your baby as it can affect the function of the kidney. It is better not to use salt in your baby’s food.
- Sugar: it has always a tendency to affect your baby’s teeth so use only such amount of sugar, you need to make food. Biscuit, ice cream and sweets are avoidable.
Some Guidance for your baby’s meal:
Food texture: now your baby proceeds from the fully smashed and grained foods to solid ones so you need to make the texture of food according to your baby’s age. Instead of fully blending, you can smash it with fork.
Finger food: at this age, your baby is likely to eat with her finger, so boil carrot, beans and other veggies can make your baby’s dish testier and cut it into small pieces so that your baby can easily take the meal with her finger and thumb.
Maintain the balance of fluid: for your 9 month baby, you need to balance the level of fluid intake, especially in the summer season. Breastfeeding makes up most of the demand, but still your baby needs fluid to keep herself hydrated. Cooled boiled water is preferable for your baby. You can add fruit and vegetable juices to your baby’s diet to supply the fluid.
Learn about the amazing healthy benefits of dates for babies right away.