When you are pregnant, there are various things that you need to know so that you are able to take good care of your health and ensure best development of your child. There are so many questions that keep popping inside your head for which you cannot keep visiting the doctor all the time. Here is an article which is a short and sweet pregnancy guide for India women which throws some light on how you can have good health and well being during the phase of your pregnancy.
This article discusses every topic related with the nine months duration in a brief manner. So let us have a look at this pregnancy guide designed especially for Indian women.
Symptoms of Pregnancy
- When you miss your periods, it is one sign which makes it very evident that you are expecting
- Fatigue, nausea, vomiting, bad taste of your mouth are some very common signs during the first trimester.
- You will experience mood swings without any reason.
- You will experience craving for certain food items, it can be something that you never liked.
Food Regime During Pregnancy
The first and the foremost thing to keep in mind is that you need to have a balanced diet which contains all important nutrients that are needed for overall growth and development of the fetus.
The food items that you must include in your diet have been listed below:
- Green leafy vegetables
- Beet, pomegranate, litchi, pineapple, berries, grapes and anything that is rich in Iron
- Fresh coconut water
- Vegetable soup
- Rice and wheat
- Fresh juices
- Dal, pulses that are easy to digest
- Milk and milk products
- Fiber content foods
The food items that you must strike out of your diet plan have been listed below:
- Fruits and food items with citric nature
- Leftover food
- Frozen food
- Tea, coffee and alcohol
- Breads and bakery products
- Packed juices
- Anything that is heavy to digest
Common Problems During Pregnancy and Their Solutions
There are a few problems which every expecting mother faces during this phase. Some of these have been listed below:
- Acidity and Heartburn: Avoid food that is too spicy or too tangy to eat.
- Constipation and Indigestion: Eat food that is rich in fiber and is freshly cooked. Avoid heavy to digest food, frozen food and bakery products.
- Breathlessness: Do not exert your body beyond a limit.
- Backaches: Take rest as and when you need.
- Clumsiness: There is nothing much that you can do about it. Just be little slow and try to focus more on what you are doing.
- Complexion changes: Everything will be back to normal after you have delivered the baby.
- Fatigue: Do not compromise on rest.
- Fainting and Giddiness: Make sure you sit as soon as you feel that you are not able to stand on your feet.
- Hot Flashes: Include fresh juices in your diet plan.
- Leg Cramps: Some exercising can help.
- Morning Sickness: Will end after the first trimester.
- Sleep Difficulties: DO not think much and meditate so that you can sleep well.
- Skin Irritation and Stretch Marks: Applying some oil on the skin is a great idea.
To avoid all these problems, every woman in India should eat healthy and follow a healthy routine. It is important to exercise and keep your body and mind a little relaxed. You can have a massage session to pamper your body and get some relief from that itching. Rest well and enjoy this phase because once you have the baby, he will be the focus of your life.
How to Have Normal Pregnancy?
Well given a choice, normal pregnancy is the best way to deliver the baby but sometimes due to situational factors and constraints doctors have to perform C-section. If you want to avoid caesarean delivery then the best way is to start preparing your body for a normal delivery since the very first day so that you can reduce the chances of having a C-section. Let us see how you can do that.
- Exercise well and perform prenatal yoga to impart enough strength and stamina to your body so that it is strong enough to deal with labor pains.
- Eat freshly cooked balanced diet. Include fresh juices in your diet along with milk to ensure good health for your body and baby.
- Keep your body free from problems like constipation, acidity by controlling your diet.
- Sleep well at night so that your body gets enough rest and you don’t feel fatigued.
- Keep your emotions under control. Excessive anxiety and tension can increase your stress levels which will eventually affect your health.
- Always keep doing something to keep you happy and busy. From reading books to listening music, watching movies, hanging out with friends, there is so much to keep busy and stay happy.
All these factors will contribute in making your pregnancy a normal delivery.
This was the short but complete health pregnancy guide which can help Indian women know things they need to do and avoid during their pregnancy so that they do not suffer from any complications rather enjoy a beautiful 9 months period followed by healthy and smooth delivery.