In your post-pregnancy period, breastfeeding may put you in worry and you are always wondering whether the milk your body process, is adequate for your baby or not. As a nursing mother, it is a common problem that a woman faces, but there are lots of natural options for you to increase the breast milk supply. When it comes to your baby’s health, Indian foods are handy to solve any problem and in case of the breast milk, Indian foods give you the all answer. The content deals with 10 Indian foods that you should include in your daily diet to increase your breast milk.
1. Fenugreek seeds (Methi):
From the ancient time, fenugreek seeds have been considered the best Indian food for increasing the breast milk. The recent research also backed the theory and fenugreek serves a nursing mother needs very well. But you need to be cautious regarding its limit of intake as it can be the reason of your water loss.
- Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of vitamins, calcium and iron and all of which are good for your health.
2. Fennel Seeds:
This is another Indian food that you can include in your dish to increase your breast milk supply. Fennel seed is common ingredient to prepare many Indian recipes, such as vegetables, rice preparation, dal and dessert. Fennel tea is also popular in Indian household, which is prepared for a new mother. In respect of its benefits, it prevents colic in your baby.
- Fennel seeds contain vitamin C.
3. Cumin seeds (jeera):
To add the flavor in many Indian dishes, cumin seed is very popular. Other than this, it also gives you a great help to deal with pregnancy issues, such as acidity and constipation. Many people also use cumin seeds for the breast milk.
- It is a good source of iron, which gives you strength in the post-pregnancy period.
4. Black sesame seeds (til):
You can also use black sesame seeds in your recipe for your breast milk. There are many benefits, you can get from the black sesame seeds as it comes a great nutrient value. The best way to get its benefits is to go for til laddos, which are tasty and healthy as well.
- It is a rich source of calcium, which is good for increasing your breast milk.
- It also contains copper and your body gets many health benefits from it.
5. Holy Basil (tulsi):
In India, tulsi is considered a powerful medicine for many ailments. Its medicinal power gives you relief from many problems and research showed that it can improve your breast milk supply. Along with this, it helps you improving the bowel movement and it increases your appetite.
- Basil contains vitamin K, which helps in the blood clot in any accident.
6. Dill Seeds (suwa):
Dill seeds come with many nutrient compounds, which give you a great health benefits to your body as well as improve your breast milk supply. But, dill seeds come under the diuretic category, so you have to limit its intake. You can use Dill seeds in pickle, salad and cheese.
- It comes with a great health benefit of iron, manganese and calcium.
7. Garlic (lehsun):
Garlic is another popular Indian natural food, which is very common in many recipes. It also has medicinal power and gives you relief from many ailments. The researcher showed that those who include garlic in their daily diet, they are likely to feed their baby for long hours. It also adds flavor in the breast milk that your baby likes.
- It contains some chemical compounds that help in lactation.
8. Pulses or lentils (dal):
Pulses are very common Indian dishes and usually, every Indian household includes this food in their daily diet. It comes with many nutrient compounds, which are proven to improve your breast milk.
- It is a great source of protein, iron and fiber that keeps you healthy and increases your breast milk supply.
Spinach is such an Indian food that improves lactation. Apart from, spinach comes with many benefits and that is why, nutritionists advise to include this food in your pregnancy and post-pregnancy period. For breastfeeding mothers, spinach is an important food to increase the breast milk supply.
- It is a rich source of vitamin K and A, iron, calcium, iron and folate and all of which loaded with many health benefits.
10. Red Vegetables:
Red vegetables generally contain beta-carotene, which is an important nutrient compound for your breast milk. You can choose carrots (Gajar), sweet potatoes (Shakarkandi) and beet-root.
- Red vegetables are a great source of beta-carotene and iron.